Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Birds




No, this isn't about Alfred Hitchcock's movie, this is about the birds that are visiting my yard. So far they haven't attacked anyone, but it has been pretty close on the days that my son isn't filling the bird feeders quick enough. We are mostly getting ring necked dove, they come in huge flocks, but we also get blue jays, a few grackles, and my favorite, the cardinals. How can you not like a bird with such beautiful coloring. What I am finding really cool about the cardinals is that they seem more inclined to actually go to the native plants and try some of them, and not just hang at the feeders. Today they were eating the beautyberry seeds and they will go and actually eat the sunflower seeds straight from the plant. I am really hoping that as the birds start migrating, we get even more varieties in our backyard.

.

1 comment:

Libi said...

Wow. How gorgeous! We have a blue jay that visits our backyard all summer long. He comes to tease our cat, I think.